Friday, November 7, 2014

Sometimes it's OK to be stubborn...

I said sometimes!! The sometimes I'm referring to would be when your standing up for yourself. There's ways to stand up for yourself without acting all "cray cray", and honestly more effective than screaming or yelling. I like to make sure I'm using "I" statements and speak with respect and kindess, even if we aren't on the same page. 

I used to speak out of anger and frustration, it made things worse than they already were. When your in a negative situation and continue adding more negative nothing will change. But if you are the positive in a negative situation, you can be the change. 

It's ok to be stubborn about something you are truly passionate about, a good cause you support, standing on one side or the other, but again do it with kindess and respect. We are all entitled to our opinions, even if we can't begin to wrap our heads around them. 

I like to think I'm stubborn with my kids, I know I could be stricter but they really are great kids. I don't give in very often, I hold my grown and it's when I see the stubborn gene has passed from one generation to the next. 

There are good ways to be stubborn! I'm grateful for my stubborn genes! 

Be Grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment