Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My true few...

Growing up I never had a lot of friends, and the ones I did have either hurt me or I hurt them, or they were friends with me for the wrong reason. From a young age I was trying to find that missing love from my childhood, trying to find someone to give me the love and affection I was lacking from my mother. When I was 15 I discovered a group of friends from the town next to us. I felt like they really loved me for me, and they helped bring me out of my depression. Two of them with brother and sister, and had a mom who welcomed me into their home and took care of me like her own. I felt like they didn't judge me for my past or for my family. I felt like they truly were my best friends. We were together all the time, I actually had a circle of friends. After graduation and moving away, we still stayed in touch, and to this day they are the two out of eight that I still talk to. The best part is I don't feel like our relationships are any different now that we are grown up, we will always be there for each other, wish each other nothing but the best, and communicate once a month or so. 
One of my best friends from about ten years ago, is still like my big sister. We may not talk and hang out all the time but I still look up to her, respect her, and have her back. As we grow older our priorities change, our day to day routines change, and that's ok! That's life, that's part of growing up. I know for me, being a happy wife and mother, taking care of myself and my family is my number one, my true few respect that as I respect their  personal growth and agendas as well. 
I know it may sound silly but my bestest friends are my husband and my wifey. I used to say my husband knows me better than anyone else and in some ways that may still be true, but ultimatly I know myself better than anyone else. None the less he's still my best friend, and amazing daddy. He's been with me through hell and back, and even when we were on complelty opposite pages and at our worst we still tried to be respectful of the other. We aren't perfect and we are ok with that! I couldn't imagine my life without him, and I am forever grateful for all he does for me, our kids, and our family. My wifey is and has been a valuable jewel to me and my family. She is the other mother to our children, a support system, and most of all the bestest of best! I could write a post of all the reasons I love her! And maye one day I will! I try and tell her but she will never know how grateful I truly am to be her wifey. I couldn't imagine going through the past 5 years without her. I know five years might not seem like a long time but it honestly feels like forever, it's like our souls had been friends before our physical beings were. 
I wouldn't be who I am today without the amazing love and support from my parents. Truth be told my mom and I haven't ever had the best relationship until about 4 years ago, thanks to her personal journey and growth we are now in an amazing place. The place I always dreamed of as a child, and I am beyond grateful for that! She has become my mentor in leading a happy and positive life, and encourages my growth and journeys. Both my moms and I now have a great relationship, and I honestly thought that would never happen. I'm grateful my moms, brothers and I are now a big happy family! Again, I never thought I would have that! Better late than never!! For those of you know already know me, I have always been and will always be a daddy's girl. I'm sure I used to be a spoiled brat, but I promise I've grown out of that! For as long as I can remember my daddy has always been my best friend, my rock, my biggest supporter, and no matter how bad I screwed up, he was always there for me! And I am forever grateful that he did everything he possibly could to make me feel loved, wanted and accepted. My daddy has and will always be my best friend. Im grateful he and my husband have a great relationship too. I'm also beyond grateful he has an amazing relationship "poppas babies"! 
I have many relationships with my family and in laws that I'm grateful for as well, in each of their own ways. I'm grateful for each and every person that comes into my life, they are either a blessin or lesson, either way they have all played a part in who I am today. I'm grateful I know I don't need a large quantity of best friends, and that it's about the quality of the ones I do have. I'll always be grateful for my Happier family, even though I've never met a single one of them in person, they are an amazing support system and fantastic group of friends. Remember it's not about what you don't have it's about what you do have! Be Grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment