Friday, October 10, 2014

How I Shut up the negative voices...

I used to lay in bed at night and stress about everything and anything, especially things I had no control over; A big snow storm, money, all the things I meant to do that day, how horrible would the tourists be at work the next day, holding onto negative comments from other people, or problems in other peoples life's that I couldn't do anything about, except be there for moral support. These voices never stopped all day long, I honestly thought something was wrong with me. Why am I judging everyone? Why are such mean thoughts crossing my mind? Why do I care so much what other people think of me? One day when I was upset and on the phone with my moms looking for support they told me what other people think of you is there problem, not yours. It took me a little while to process and understand that thinking but finally I did. If they want to judge me that is their own problem. 
     It wasn't nearly as hard to shut up the voices as I thought it would be. It only took a couple weeks of consciously kicking them out to where my subconscious was doing it for me. Yes sometimes they come back and I just say, " leave you are not welcome here!" And then i start thinking random happy thoughts, or listing off things I'm grateful for and I'm good! 
     My moms were always talking about affirmations and some of the ones they would show me or that I would find on my own I didn't really understand, I think it was the wording that set me back a little. My mom told me I could make my own affirmations, my own unique positive sayings to repeat to myself, to help me in any situations. Think about it, who knows you better than you? Who knows what you need to hear more than you? I do use bits and pieces of others affirmations to build my own.
      One morning before the kids got up I had text my mom saying I need an affirmation I can't come up with one. Given what was going on she knew exactly what I needed to hear, she sent me, "my religon is simple, my religon is kindess" inspirational words of the Daili Lama. I added patience onto the end to personalize it more. Another one of my favorites for when I'm feeling overwhelmed is, " I am me, I am here, I am enough, I got this!" I do believe affirmations are powerful ways to channel your thoughts and energy and send them into the universe for your higher power to find. I always get a very happy feeling when I send something to the universe and see it makes it's way back within days. You might be thinking I'm fruity loopy but that's ok! For example the other day when I was clearing my thoughts I said to myself "I wish dean would do this more, but he does work really hard, and I don't mind doing this it would just be nice if he did every once In awhile." And yes I probably should have expressed my feelings to him but I didn't feel like it needed anymore energy on such a silly thing. Well wouldn't you know two days later, he was doing what I hoped he would. He apologized for not doing it more often, and told me how grateful he is that I do it all the time! He made my heart so happy, and I did tell him the thoughts I had, but didn't say anything because I'm grateful for all that he does for us. Point of my story is, I believe the universe and higher power hear my thoughts and prayers and help in anyway they can, because they know I will always pay it forward. I am proud to say that 98% of the time my voices are grateful, positive, and supportive, and that truly makes me happy! 
Be Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment