Thursday, October 9, 2014

What being happy means to me...

I knew I needed help, but I wasn't sure what kind of help I needed, I didn't really know what was wrong with me, I just knew I wasn't happy. I was having an awful time trying to just pull myself out of bed in the morning, my depression had hit an all time low. I was able to acknowledge I was depressed but still wasn't sure why, I had a husband who loved me with all his heart and soul, I had two beautiful children, a roof over our heads, but I wanted more. I played this horrible game of the grass being greener on the other side. I remember meeting my mom for lunch to talk and I couldn't stop myself from crying, I felt like I had no idea what to do with myself. For years I had been struggling with what degree I should go to college for, but could never make the leap because there wasn't a degree that got my blood pumping, something I thought I would enjoy getting up to go do everday. I love being a stay at home mom but I felt like I needed to have a means of support incase something were to ever happen to my husband and I had to provide for children. I wasn't giving myself the credit I deserved for all I was accomplishing every day, I had no understanding of my self worth. 
Now I know that happiness doesn't come from expensive possessions or lavishing lifestyles. To me it means completely loving yourself, everyone, and everything around you. It means being grateful for every blessing even if it's in disguise. It's about the millions of little things in life that tug at your heart strings. It means knowing this too shall pass and better days will come. It means forgiving yourself and others. It means sharing your heart and soul with others. It means accepting imperfections, flaws, and failure, as they make us the amazing us that we are. Remember there is only one incredible YOU! You are your very own unique mold, you have your own light to shine bright, you have your own story to tell, there will never be another you.  I will leave this at To be Continued, as I continue to grow I know my happiness will too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment