Friday, October 10, 2014

My kind of meditation...

When I used to think about meditating, quiet and calm came to mind, to help bring you balance and peace. That's all fine and dandy but I'm not a quiet person! Which is why my best friend and I have our own way of meditating. Back when we were both dark angry souls we would listen to hip hop, pop, and rap self pity music and scream it as loud as we could. But NOW thanks to my momma for introducing it to us, we rock out to Nimo Patels CD, "Grateful". It has ten uplifting songs that always touch my soul in one way shape or form. His lyrics are full of truth, kindness, and gratitude. I know sitting and reading, or listening to other people preach about happiness and positive thinking can be exhausting, and if that's the case this CD may be just the thing you need. Don't have the extra money to buy it?! That's OK! He's giving it away on his website for FREE!! Who doesn't love free?! Also on his website you can find his story/mission, truly an inspiring story. All the songs are family friendly too! My kids love the CD and I love hearing their precious little voices singing alone. They don't know it but I know it's empowering them at a young age. I wanted to share some of my favorite lyrics with y'all....

"You’re the blessings that exist
The small things that are bliss
The gift to realize that
Everything is a gift"

"Throw your hearts up
Let it fly high
Let your love for all the world
Spread through the skies
Let it drop down
Let it all go
Spreading kindness to every
Single living soul"

"So keep loving,

It’ll change your heart, it’ll change your mind
And then you’ll start to change your eyes
So keep loving
Everything you touch, everyone you see
Will soon become, your family"

These are just a few of my favorite lyrics! I've seen his music help others to start making the change towards positive thinking and gratitude. Give it a chance you have nothing to loose!! Be Grateful. 


http://www.emptyhandsmusic.com/music/


No comments:

Post a Comment